The West Midlands IT Association (WMita) is a membership organisation representing small and medium-sized businesses in the ICT sector. Our mission is to support the development and growth of SME IT businesses in the West Midlands as part of the region’s ICT Cluster. We provide a voice for the ICT industry in the region and aim to help our members become more successful.
WMita is funded under a three-year contract with Advantage West Midlands, the regional development agency, to provide a support programme for ICT companies covering networking, training, events and other activities to promote the industry to local, regional and national clients. In particular, we have prioritised actions in relation to quality and supplier accreditation as a means of improving the credibility and transparency of ICT suppliers. We are also recognised as a delivery channel for major public and private sector IT initiatives. AWM funding is being provided on a “pump-priming basis”, with a requirement for WMita to be self-funding by the end of 2005.
WMita is comprised of six local branches and supported by a head office organisation based at Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull. It has been established as a Company Limited by Guarantee and is run by a Board of Directors drawn from the paid-up members.
Target Market, Value Proposition & Member Benefits
WMita’s target market is small and medium-sized businesses involved in information and communications technology (ICT) within the West Midlands region. The value proposition for members is defined by three elements:
1. Opportunities for Business Growth, through:
- structured networking with potential customers and partners;
- promoting members’ products, systems and services;
- developing new business relationships and partnerships;
- developing more sophisticated market offerings.
2. Opportunities for Business Improvement, through:
- access to market research and intelligence;
- access to specialist professional skills, expertise and services;
- access to education and training opportunities.
3. Opportunities to Influence, through:
- being part of a community of interest at the forefront of good ICT practice;
- ensuring that business agencies address the needs of ICT suppliers;
- lobbying decision-makers in regional business organisations & public agencies.
Member benefits include: the WMita Quality Mark, local and regional networking events, training courses and seminars, marketing activities, member-to-member collaboration, market research and intelligence, and access to WMita’s public and private partners for business, funding and
WMita has many facets. It is a membership association drawing together many different types of companies and businesses. It is a private sector organisation operating largely in a public sector environment. And it has a strong commercial edge, dealing not just in information and knowledge but in opportunities with real business and financial value.
The WMita Board is committed to core business values that ensure we act fairly and equitably to all our stakeholders. These values are:
- Independence: Acting on behalf for our members as a whole,independent of individual commercial interests.
- Transparency: Following the highest standards of openness and transparency in our actions, subject to the protection of the Company’s own commercial interests.
- Excellence: Attaining the highest professional standards both in WMita’s own actions and those of its members.
- Inclusivity: Engaging with all areas of the region and society, including full geographical coverage and the increased participation of women and ethnic minorities in ICT markets.
- Partnership: A strong commitment to partnership working and, with a private sector ethos, to work with the public sector as a delivery agent for ICT-related business support programmes.
Blythe Valley Innovation Centre
Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Park
T: 0121 506 9320 / Fax: 0121 506 9322